Tuesday, December 18, 2007


It's been a while since I had a doctor that made me almost curse at the computer. Today I had one again, and it brought back awful memories! It wasn't that he was so hard to understand. He talked really fast, then he'd stop, take a drink, look at his pager, and then start talking really fast again. I need to get used to my fast forward pedal; I'm not sure I've ever used it before today. I guess that's something you have to take advantage of when you're working on production. No one pays you for listening to dead air. It was so frustrating. Sometimes he'd go so slowly that I hit the "speed" button 4-5 times just to deal with him.


Other than that guy today, work has been going really well. I had a call with HR today, Jennifer was really nice. We talked about benefits and timesheets and some other important stuff. With Tim being in the military, we never had to even think about health care costs, pros and cons, etc. I actually don't really know anything about that stuff! Jennifer was very helpful, just like everyone else I have encountered so far.


Working 8 hours is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Jack only gets restless in the last 2 hours or so. My sister is here visiting us before Christmas and she is following him around all the time and they both love it! Once the holidays are over, he will go to his friend's house for a few hours in the morning for daycare. It's really more so he can play with his friend's while my face is stuck in the computer. That and, he's been home with me for 1-1/2 years with undivided attention. It's time for him to get out and get some social skills! This is us being silly preparing for the cold Connecticut weather.

2 comments:

jenloe said...

Please keep blogging!! When I am having a bad day I always read what you have written and it helps me get through the rough times!! LOL

Jennifer Loe

Briget said...

Oh, I'm so glad you enjoy reading it. You should consider writing one yourself, they're very cathartic. At the end of a long day of typing what every one else tells you to write it's really nice to write what you want to! Good luck, keep plugging!