Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well, the catch phrase for my blog is to watch me go from being a student to the real world of transcription. Today I officially entered the real world! After I got some technical issues worked out with my headset, I was able to logon to the platform and hear my first dictations. The work I'm doing right now is more like QA than anything. The reports are already typed and they have mistakes in them that I have to find and fix. It's really cool.

In my orientation with Liz (the program coordinator) she said that these exercises would be a good tool to get me used to the doctors and some of the terms and phrases they use. The 2 doctors that I had today were completely familiar. I had them for weeks in the internship and the reports I got done today were pretty easy! Gosh, the first day of the internship was WAY harder than this. This is what the internship was designed for. After all those months of crying and being ready to give up (any of you feel the same ever?!?) it's all paying off! Now I am in the real world and I'm getting paid for what I do, and I already DID all the hard work.

I'm sure that Liz picked very easy dictations for my first day, but now I know I can do it. Jack was pretty good...it's been a few weeks in between the internship and now working for me so he has to get used to it all again. My working hours are 5am-2pm Hawaii time so I can get in a good few hours before he even gets up.

The tech support guys were awesome and such a great help getting everything set up. Liz is great, she has such patience already. I'm so happy to finally be here and I feel so confident that I'll be a really good MT some day!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Thanks Briget for starting your writing again. I know it will help alot of us out to read how you are doing. It will give us encouragement and make us feel like we are not alone.
I, too, went back to my writing in my blog, it somehow gives me a bit of peace at the end of everyday.

Sue T

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I feel that way now, like stamping my feet and crying. This is such a good blog, though, like The MT Adventure or something!

Kathy Nicholls said...

Briget, I am so very proud of you and what you have accomplished. It's great to see this transition and you have done an amazing job. I look forward to working with you in different roles in the future as you are truly a rising star in our profession!

Kathy

Cathi Reiman said...

Hey there Briget! I am so happy that you have restarted writing in your blog! I really missed this and now I can continue to read your thoughts as you blaze the trail!
Blessings,
Cathi

Anonymous said...

dispenses utilize a wonderful website decent Gives many thanks for the hard work to help out people